Vanilla Cake Mix Recipe
This is our Vanilla Cake Mix guide for round or square cakes. Follow our handy ingredients guide to make your cake.
This is a split tin mix so the amount listed are to fill 2 tins of the same size.
Preheat your oven to 160c and prepare your two tins by greasing the sides and base and then line with greaseproof paper.
To prepare your cake mix
- Cream together your butter (room temp) and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add your eggs one at a time and a little flour with each egg until all ingredients are combined.
- Add your vanilla extract to your cake mix.
- Divide your mixture between your two prepared tins
- Bake for the estimated time and until risen with light golden brown top and when a skewer inserted it comes out clean.
- Once you remove them from the oven allow to sit in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn onto your wire rack.
- When cool, sandwich them together with your preferred filling and decorate.
The above is intended to help guide you through the ingredients you will need for a classic vanilla cake but please note that cooking times will vary between different ovens. But as long as you test your cake with a skewer so it comes out clean you can't go wrong.
The 6 inch round
Above is what the cakes came out like when baked, standing at 2 inches tall. Below is how I decided to stack and decorate them together. Filled with vanilla buttercream and strawberry conserve, covered in dark, milk and white chocolate shards.
Then topped with blue macaroons and sprinkles.