01376 343113
Search our store
Items: 0 | Total: £0.00
1 / 2
pre order timescale guide
pre order timescale guide
2 / 2
shop collect guide
shop collect guide

Sugarpaste Fondant or Ready roll icing ?

The terms Sugarpaste, fondant or ready roll icing are all the same thing. We at on the cake front use the term sugarpaste when discussing the icing you roll out and put over your cake. The word fondant comes from a lot of the American cake programs on TV as for us in the U.K. fondant is something that is runny in texture and you drizzle or pour over cakes like what you see on a fondant fancy or on top of a sticky ice bun. 

Ready roll icing is a term also used by a lot of the manufacturers especially Renshaw when talking about roll out icing. 

It can get quite confusing especially if you have watched a lot of you tube tutorials and depending what terminology they use and where they are from. Especially with so many brands on the market and available to buy in cake shops and supermarkets too.

Another term you might also come across is covering paste which is the same as the others as in a roll out sugarpaste icing to cover your cakes. 

‘We get asked a lot in our cake shop for these products or wether they are the same thing so we just thought we would try explain a little.

Provided by ZPeCommerce
on the cake front ltd, Unit 111 Lakes Innovation Centre, Lakes Road, Braintree, Essex